Commercial Admin Assistant (Full Time), Nottingham
05 April 2019
Birchwood Price Tools (BPT) is an innovative company that creates and brings to market premium brands aimed at improving the working day of Tradespeople predominantly in the Construction Sector. The Company is looking for a Commercial Administration Assistant to support the ambitious growth plans of the Van Vault, Defender and Rhino brands.
We’re looking for a hardworking, confident and motivated person to provide administrative and technical support to the Category Manager and Marketing Manager. You’ll be working within the Van Vault, Defender and Rhino brand team to provide an efficient and effective administration service. Attention to detail, taking the initiative and flexibility are three key characteristics required in this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible with a can-do attitude, a team player, outgoing and a self-starter
- Preparation of key documents, Powerpoint presentations and arranging meetings etc.
- Represent the BPT company image as first point of contact for suppliers, providing information, screening calls and referring to buyers.
- Have experience in administrative roles, preferably gained through working in a busy commercial team environment
- Have good PC skills including word, excel, and powerpoint
- Have good communication skills
- Be highly organised with an ability to prioritise
- Be educated to GCSE standards, Expected to have a good standard of numeracy and literacy
The role will involve:
- Knowledge of systems and procedures in order to enable the efficient running of the team activities.
- Establishing close working relationships with stakeholders, internal and external.
- Undertaking data analysis to provide information to enable decision making within the team.
- Ordering and dispatching of product samples.
- Taking incoming telephone calls, messages and relay as appropriate.
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of product files, sales and quality folders.
- Ensuring that information is entered accurately into company systems.
- Producing reports for presentations.
- Providing administrative, technical and project support.
- Working collaboratively across teams to ensure a consistency of approach.
- Social Media - monitoring and replying to incoming messages/notifications via our social media channels.
- Event planning & support - responsibility for writing event briefs and booking stand space, arranging transport, accommodation, stock and marketing materials. May also require attendance at some events.
- Proof-reading marketing materials such as catalogues and promotional flyers ensuring all information is correct.
To apply for the role or for further information please email: Tim Trollope at [email protected]