Leicester, East Anglia and parts of North London
Competitive + Benefits - negotiable depending on experience
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager who can unleash the potential of our brands as well as lead and manage the partnership with a defined geographical region.
We are after someone who’s enthusiastic, resilient and resourceful, with a sharp eye for identifying new sales opportunities and a passion for excellence.
To be responsible for the development of profitable sales from both new and existing customers within a defined area geography and to maximise the sales and profit from those customers by delivering sales against target.
To support the National Account Managers by maintaining contact with National Account branches within their designated sales area to include merchandising and supporting Key Account Manager led promotions.
- Develop and build the Area Sales customer base through liaison with proprietors, partners and directors of independent local businesses.
- Support key accounts within designated area to achieve strategic goals.
- Develop and execute an effective call matrix / cycle which optimise time spent with customers and ensures thorough and regular coverage of the assigned geographic area.
- Ensure that all opportunities to develop business within the territory are exploited on a regular basis (e.g. sales leads, existing & new sites, local media and branch initiated leads).
- Work in close liaison with the Internal Sales team and branches to target new and existing customers and to direct necessary resources into generating profitable sales from those opportunities.
- For new and existing accounts ensure that customer terms are agreed and all documentation is signed off.
- In liaison with the Regional Sales Manager, jointly develop and execute area specific action plans and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain accurate records of all customer contacts and associated information, updating relevant reporting systems as necessary.
- Proactively manages personal development. Continually assesses performance and evaluates ways to improve. Seeks advice and feedback.
- Effective CRM management including activity and pipelined sales
Person Specification - Essential
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- 3+ years in a sales environment
- Proven success in sales roles
- Strategic Account Management
- Excellent communicator / Articulate.
- Negotiation skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to network and build trusted relationships
- IT literate
- General product knowledge
- Industry & Sector market knowledge
Person Specification - Preferred
- Sales Training accreditation
- Category management
To apply for the role or for further information please email: Tom Pettit at [email protected].